Skills Development Facilitator (SDF) – Midrand
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Skills Development Facilitator (SDF) to join our team. The SDF will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the Skills Development initiatives within the company in compliance with the requirements of the relevant Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs). The primary focus will be on creating and managing the Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) and Annual Training Report (ATR), as well as applying for funding from SETAs to support skills development programs.
- Develop and Manage Workplace Skills Plan (WSP):
- Conduct skills needs analysis and identify training requirements in alignment with company objectives and SETA guidelines.
- Collaborate with department heads and line managers to develop a comprehensive Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) that addresses identified skills gaps and fosters employee development.
- Submit Annual Training Report (ATR):
- Compile and submit the Annual Training Report (ATR) to the relevant SETA, detailing the company’s training activities, progress, and achievements in meeting the WSP targets.
Liaise with SETAs:
- Serve as the main point of contact between the company and SETAs, ensuring effective communication and compliance with SETA regulations.
- Stay updated on SETA policies, guidelines, and funding opportunities to optimize the company’s access to available resources.
- Identify suitable skills development projects and training interventions eligible for SETA funding. (Internal and external i.e. on behalf of customers.
- Prepare and submit funding applications to SETAs, ensuring compliance with funding criteria and submission deadlines.
Training Program Accreditation:
- Coordinate the application process of new programme accreditation and extension of scope.
- Oversee the registration of learnerships, apprenticeships, and other skills development initiatives.
- Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensure adherence to relevant legislation, regulations, and quality assurance standards in all skills development activities.
- Generate reports on the progress of skills development initiatives, funding utilization, and impact for management and SETA reporting purposes.
- Proven experience as a Skills Development Facilitator or similar role, preferably within the South African context.
- In-depth knowledge of South African skills development legislation, SETA requirements, and funding mechanisms.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate: Midrand, Gauteng: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Afrikaans (Required)
Please note that if your application does not meet the minimum requirements, the application will unfortunately be rejected.